Friday night I was eating at Champs Family Bakery in Brooklyn and it was pointed out to me that on the board there was a special called the “Pancake Bowl”. I asked about this and it turned out to be a little less interesting than what I had imagined. I resolved that sometime this weekend I would bring into existence what I had in mind.
This morning it happened.
I started with this pancake recipe from VeganYumYum. I made about 8 of those and then I added a bunch more soy milk to thin out the batter. With the thin batter I made the bowl-sized pancakes, plus a few more small ones to put on top.
Then assembly started:
- I started with the thin bowl-sized pancakes and lined the bottom of the bowls with that.
- Next came a layer of bananas and strawberries.
- Third was a layer made up of a few of the thicker pancakes with peanut butter on top of them.
- On top of that went a layer of blueberries and strawberries.
- This was followed by a layer of small pancakes
- And the whole thing was topped off with maple syrup.
For a first effort, everything turned out ok.